Netgear Router Setup is your first step towards experiencing the full potential of these world-class routers. Simply, click on the button below and follow the link for Netgear Router Login.
Free Problem Diagnostics By Phone
Our Tech Experts are just a Phone Call away.
Call us at +1-844-583-2073
Free Problem Diagnostics Chat Support
24×7 Chat Support from our Online Technicians.
Chat With us!!
Free Support for Extender SETUP CALL TOLL FREE +1-844-583-2073
Netgear Router Setup
When you purchase a Netgear Router you choose the market leaders in the network industry. Netgear Routers are the benchmarks of high-speed network connectivity and seamless internet connectivity. Another factor that makes Netgear Router delectable, is the ease of use that they provide. Netgear Router Setup is an easy process that gives you access to reliable networking solutions. The use, setup, and installation of these routers are so easy that it makes them ideal for use at home as well as at the office.
Netgear Router Setup can be easily done by routerlogin.net using any of your devices, your PC, Laptop, Mobile or tablet. For this, all you have to do is connect your wireless device to the preset wireless settings of your router. Later you can configure the device for internet connection.
The initial step of the Netgear Router Setup is to unbox your product and mark out and assemble all additional things given with it.
Netgear Router Setup Using your PC or Laptop
The process of Netgear Router Setup with the help of your PC or Laptop is very simple, just these steps.
* Step 1
- Connect the Ethernet cable from your cable modem or DSL to the Internet port of your Netgear Router.
* Step 2
- Switch on your cable modem or DSL and hold on for the lights to become solid.
* Step 3
- Turn on your Netgear router and wait for the LED lights that are there on your router to become stable.
* Step 4
- Look at the back or bottom of your device, to get the preset wireless settings of your Netgear router.
* Step 5
- Open the WiFi connection manager on your wireless device, and search the default SSID or WiFi network name of your Netgear router.
* Step 6
- Once you are connected to the SSID enter the default passphrase.
* Step 7
- Open any web browser of your choice, like Safari, Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome.
* Step 8
- You will find the Netgear Genie on your screen. In case it does not display, click the address bar and type http://www.routerlogin.com or http://www.routerlogin.net.
* Step 9
- You can also use the IP Address of your device if you are unable to access the website. This IP address is there on the instruction booklet.
* Step 10
- To log in, you have to enter the default username which is admin and the default password is password and click on the “Sign-In” Icon.
* Step 11
- Now the Netgear Genie will guide you to configure the device.
* Step 12
- Once the above steps are done, a “Congratulations” page will appear.
* Step 13
- Click “Take me to the Internet” icon to confirm that you are connected.
* Step 14
- NIf you want you can personalize your Wi-Fi router settings, you can do it now.
Not only for set-up you can also use the same format of log-in to your Netgear login
Netgear Router Setup Using Mobile or Tablet
If you do not have a PC or Laptop readily available, you can also use your Mobile or Tablet for Setting up your Netgear Router. Just follow these simple steps.
- Search for the NightHawk App that is easily available on the “Google Play Store” or “Apple App Store”.
- As per the requirement or your device attach the provided antennas.
- Now connect your modem to the Internet port on your router.
- Plugin your router to a power supply socket.
- Let the Wi-Fi LED lights to adjust to normal.
- Make sure your device is connected to your router’s WiFi network.
- Open the Netgear Nighthawk app from your mobile device.
- Two options will appear before you, “Existing User” or “New System Setup”. Click on the “New System Setup” option.
- The on-screen instructions will guide you to the steps to Reboot your modem. Follow them.
- Plug in the Ethernet cable from your cable modem or DSL to the Internet port of your Netgear Routers.
- Once your device has completed the reboot process, reconnect your device to your router using your device’s Wi-Fi availability.
- For this, you have to use the default user name and password. You will find these defaults somewhere on your router.
- Return to the app to complete the installation process.
- The app will now help you to personalize your Wi-Fi settings.
- You can also select the password recovery questions for your admin credentials in case you forget them in the future.
- Since you have changed the Wi-Fi connection credentials you have to connect your device to your router one more time.
- The last step in the setup process is to check for the firmware updates.
- If there are any updates available then click the “Update and Install” Icon.
- After this update, your Netgear Router Setup is complete.
- You can use your router now and connect to any device.