Netgear Wi-Fi range extenders and routers come with a firmware which is used for setting up and connecting the extender with other devices. The behavior of the device completely depends on its firmware. So, whenever a new firmware gets introduced, then the user should immediately download it. The latest firmware improves the stability, functionality as well as the performance of the router.
Therefore, to enhance the performance of the router, the user should update the Netgear Router Firmware. So, here we have provided the steps regarding Netgear Router Firmware Update. Thus, the user can easily update the firmware from the official website and a firmware notification appears on the top when a new firmware is available. So, to upgrade the firmware router, tap on the notification.
Furthermore, we have here come up with the methods about Netgear Router Firmware Update. So, follow the below mentioned steps to update the Netgear Router Firmware.
Netgear Router Firmware Update Using Web Interface
The Web interface is an online router login platform where the user can access the configuration and settings of the router. So, to improve the product performance and add the latest features, follow the steps provided below.
- First of all, connect the device with the router with the help of an Ethernet cable.
- Open a web browser on a system or a mobile device that is connected to the router’s network.
- After this, access the default web address i.e. routerlogin.net through an internet browser.
- Then the user is assigned to enter the credentials i.e. username and the password.
- Note: If the user forgot the password, contact the experts for the recovery of the password.
- After this, select the “Administration” option.
- Then click on the “Firmware Update” option.
- Thereafter, the router will search for the new firmware.
- If the new firmware is available, then tap on “Yes”.
After applying these steps, let the Netgear Router Firmware update properly. Do not interrupt in between to avoid the risk of firmware corruption. If in case, any user comes across any issue, then they are suggested to get in touch with the experts.
Update Firmware Manually
In addition with the admin interface, the user can also update the Firmware manually. Therefore, for that follow the steps provided below.
- Connect the system to the router with the help of the Ethernet cable.
- Go to the official website of Netgear, i.e. routerlogin.com
- Then enter the username and the password to Netgear Router Login.
- Then click on “OK”.
- After this, the user-interface of the Netgear Router will open on the screen.
- Thereafter, click on the “Advanced” option.
- Then click on “Administration” option.
- From there, click on the “Firmware Update” option.
- Then, the users are suggested to tap on the “Check” option.
- Now the current firmware version and the New firmware version will get display on the screen.
- Then tap on “Yes” option.
- After this, the Netgear Router Firmware update process will start.
- Note: Do not close the window while updating the firmware router.
- Now the user will again have to enter the username and the password.
- Then tap on “OK”.
- Now at the top right corner of the screen, the latest version of the Netgear firmware would be mentioned.
- So, these were the steps for Netgear Router Firmware Update Manually.
Hope that the steps provided above were helpful to update the Netgear Router Firmware.
Netgear Router Firmware Update Using Netgear Genie Application
Following are the steps to update Netgear Router Firmware with the help of the Netgear Genie application. So, scroll down and apply the steps as provided below.
- Open the application on the device
- After that, go to the router settings.
- Then as asked, enter the username and the password
- Afterwards, go to the Netgear Router update section.
- Now to check whether a new firmware update is available click on the “Next” button.
- Then to start the update process, click on the “Yes” button.
- So, as soon as the update gets complete, then the user will get redirected to the Genie settings page. From there, the user can check for the latest firmware version.
So, this was all about the methods regarding Netgear Router Firmware update. In case, if any user faces any difficulty then they should reach the experts. The professionals will guide the users throughout the process.