Netgear Nighthawk X6
Netgear Nighthawk X6 is a tri-band Wi-Fi router that is well known for providing the fast central storage, backup facility. This router is ideal for homes with an increasing number of Wi-Fi connected devices. You can easily access the strong network connectivity just by completing the setup process of Netgear Nighthawk X6. Here is the complete process that will help you in setting up your router.
How to Setup your Netgear Nighthawk X6 router?
- Begin the process by taking out your Netgear Nighthawk X6 router from the box. Take out the antennas from the box and fix it properly into your router.
- Thereafter, you have to power on your Netgear router and modem by connecting the power cable to the device and wall outlet.
- After this, you are required to attach your modem and Netgear router. For this, use the LAN cable and attach one of its ends to the modem and another end to the Netgear router.
Note: Ensure that you have inserted the cable in the yellow port of both modem and router.
- Wired Connection:
- Now, take the Ethernet cable or LAN cable to generate the connection between your router and your computing device. For this, take the Ethernet(Network Cable) and attach it to an Ethernet port on your system. And then, connect the other end of the Ethernet cable into the port of your router.
- Once the connection is established successfully a message might be shown on your computer screen.
- Wireless Connection:
- In case of a wireless connection, you need to search for the unique network name from the list of networks available. Then, select your Netgear router wi-fi network connection. You will trace the name of your wi-fi network on the label of your router.
- After selecting your network and enter its password in the corresponding field. You will trace the Netgear Nighthawk X6 password at the back of your router.
- After successfully connecting to your network, the Netgear Genie application will be automatically installed into your system.
- If the Netgear Genie app doesn’t install automatically, navigate to the “routerlogin.net” website.
- As a result, it will redirect you to the Netgear Genie download window. Follow the on-screen prompts to download and install it on your system.
- Once the application gets installed, click on the “Finish” tab to complete the installation process of Netgear Genie.
- After completing the installation process, tap on the “Next” button from the computer screen. This will successfully connect you to the network and click “Take me to the Internet” tab.
- As a result, the Authentication pop-up box will appear on your screen. Here, you have to type “admin” as a username and type “password” as a password. Then, tap on the “Netgear Login” tab.
- Thereafter, you can easily upgrade your network login information from the wireless tab on the home screen of your router.
- On the home screen of your router, select the checkbox beside “Enable SSID Broadcast”. Along with this, you can change the Name (SSID) of your wireless network. Also, you can change the password i.e Network Key according to your preference.
- At last, you can use the New SSID and Network Key to access your Netgear Nighthawk X6.