This is a complete guide on Netgear Router Login. You will get all the information that will help you to access your account effortlessly.
Free Problem Diagnostics By Phone
Our Tech Experts are just a Phone Call away.
Call us at +1-844-583-2073
Free Problem Diagnostics Chat Support
24×7 Chat Support from our Online Technicians.
Chat With us!!
Free Support for Extender SETUP CALL TOLL FREE +1-844-583-2073
Before you begin with the router login procedure, you must be familiar with the general terms related to Netgear routers.
Netgear- Netgear is a global manufacturer of various networking products. These products are designed with a user-friendly interface that fulfills the specific need of home users and business users. All the products that Netgear offers have advanced and fastest networking technology. Netgear designs these products with the goal of making the online experience seamless.
Netgear Routers- Router is a compact device that makes the data transferring between multiple computers, an easy task. These routers help the computer and the internet to communicate with each other. Netgear Routers are amongst the world’s fastest routers. These innovative and advanced routers assure strong and steady signals. To make your web surfing free from buffering, you can use Netgear routers. These routers are full of features, robust and have a decent looking interface.
Router login- Router Login is a method to access all the advanced features of the router. After signing in to your account, you can handle your router and change the settings as per your convenience. Along with this, you can enjoy all the new and latest features of the Netgear router, improve your network’s quality, enable parental control, etc. All the features for enhancing your experience and for better working of your Netgear router, you must sign in to your account.
Nighthawk- Netgear Nighthawk is an application that helps you to manage and control your router via mobile devices. This application is compatible with both iOS and Android devices. Nighthawk makes the device setup much easier and allows you to enjoy the maximum benefit of your browser.
How to Access Netgear Router account?
For signing in to your Netgear router account, you are provided with two methods. Both the router login methods are mentioned below.
Note: Prior to the process, you must establish a connection between the Netgear router and the computer. For this, you need to set up your router, if needed then attach the router and modem together using the LAN cable. Then, power on the router and connect LAN cable to router and computer.
Method 1: Via Web browser
- Turn your computer on and access any of the web browsers, as per your choice.
- Move to the router login webpage. In order to reach there, you have to enter “routerlogin.com” or “routerlogin.net” URL in the provided field.
- In case you are unable to reach the preferred webpage, you can try providing the default IP address of your browser in the place of URL.
- On reaching the desired webpage, you are required to provide the default login credentials for accessing your account. These default credentials are generally:
➜ Username- admin
➜ Password- password
However, at times these credentials vary as per your operating system. So, you must check the credentials before you enter them. Turn your router upside down and you will get the credentials printed there.
- After you are done providing all the required information, you have to click the “Sign In” button.
- If a popup box displays on your screen seeking your acceptance to save the credentials on your system. You can save them on your device by clicking the “Yes” button. However, keep in mind that by saving, it will become easy to access your account. Hence, only those users are recommended to opt for this option who is using a personal computer.
Method 2: Through Mobile device
- Download the Nighthawk application on your mobile device. You will get the application in the Google play store or App store.
- After downloading, double-click the application’s icon and read the mentioned terms and conditions. Once you are done with reading, accept them by hitting the “I Agree” tab.
- Thereafter, sign in to your MyNetgear account. If needed then create one, right there.
- Next, you have to make sure that your device is connected with the Netgear router. Following the on-screen instructions, for establishing the connection wirelessly.
- Once you are done with all these, you will get the Netgear Router Login window. You are required to provide the login credentials that are printed on the backside of your router.
- Finally, click “Sign In” and access your account successfully.