Free Problem Diagnostics By Phone
Our Tech Experts are just a Phone Call away.
Call us at +1-844-583-2073
Free Problem Diagnostics Chat Support
24×7 Chat Support from our Online Technicians.
Chat With us!!
Free Support for Extender SETUP CALL TOLL FREE +1-844-583-2073
Netgear Router Setup
Netgear Router Setup is a simple and user-friendly process that does not require you to have hardcore technical knowledge and experience. You just need to follow the given process carefully to complete the setup.
Prerequisites for Netgear Router Setup
Before you begin with the Netgear Router setup, you must remain prepared for the uninterrupted setup process. The following are some of the basic requirements that you must fulfill for the error-free and smooth setup procedure.
- Update your web browser.
- LAN/Ethernet Cable, Power Cable, Router, Modem are much needed.
- Complete the hardware setup of your router i.e. its unboxing and removing the packaging material from it.
- Bring your Netgear router, modem as well as your computing device in the same room.
- If your device comes with external antennas, then connect them properly.
How to Setup Your Netgear Router?
For Netgear Setup, you are provided with two methods: Manual Setup and Via Application. Make the selection of the method, as per your preference. Below given is a complete guide that will help you to complete the setup of your Netgear router easily and quickly.
Manual Setup (PC or Laptop)
- Turn your Netgear router and modem on by attaching the power cable to the device and electric outlet.
- After that, you need to connect your modem and Netgear router. For this, take the LAN cable and connect one of its end to the modem and another end to the Netgear router. Note: Make sure you insert the cable in the yellow port of both modem and router.
- Now, power on the modem as well as router and make sure their power lamp will be lit with a solid green color.
- Then, take another LAN cable and connect it to the computing device and router.
- This will successfully establish a connection between your modem, Netgear router, and computer system.
- The next step of the Netgear router setup process is to visit the router login window. For this, you need to type in “routerlogin.net” in the address bar of your accessed internet browser.
- Now, you need to sign in to your Netgear router account by providing the default login credentials in their respective fields. Note: The default username of Netgear router is admin and the default password is password.
- On the homepage of your Netgear router account, you select the “Advanced” tab. This tab is located beside the “Basic” tab.
- From the left-hand panel of the home page, you need to select the “Setup Wizard” option.
- Afterwards, you will be asked to allow the Netgear Setup wizard to detect your internet connection automatically. Grant the permission by selecting the “Yes” option.
- Click the “Next” button to continue with the Netgear Router Setup process.
- This will start detecting the internet with which you are connected.
- Once the internet gets detected, you can move to the configuration of your Netgear router settings for the completion of the Netgear router setup.
- Click the “Setup” tab which is provided under the WPS Wizard category.
- Under the “Wireless Setup” option, you can:
- Change the Netgear WiFi connection SSID.
- Select the Security Option for your network.
- Create a new passphrase for your wireless network.
- For enabling the Parental Control, to remove or add websites from Firewall Blocked section, etc, you have to click the “Security” tab.
- Under the “Administration” section, you can get the details of your connected devices i.e. their IP Address, MAC Address, Device Name, etc. Along with this, you can also change the password for accessing our router. For this, click Administration> Set Password.
- There are several other settings or options that you can opt for. By doing so, the Netgear Router Setup process will get completed.
Through Application (Mobile Devices)
Not just with a PC or laptop, you can perform the Netgear Router Setup process using your mobile device. For this:
- Download and install the Nighthawk application.
- Log In to your MyNetgear account.
- Establish a successful connection between your Android/iOS device and Netgear router.
- Once the connection gets established, you will get an option to change the SSID and security key of your Netgear password.
- Then, select and answer the Security questions for future recovery of your password.
- By doing so, the Netgear Nighthawk application will start configuring your router. Wait for the Netgear Router Setup process to get completed.
- After the completion, you will be redirected to the main interface of the Nighthawk application.