Free Problem Diagnostics Chat Support
24×7 Chat Support from our Online Technicians.
Chat With us!!
Free Support for Extender SETUP CALL TOLL FREE
Mywifiext is a web address that is used for the Netgear Extender setup. Using this URL you can change the settings according to your preference, update firmware and so on. This is a login page through which you can use the wi-fi extender device. To use this web address the Netgear extender should be physically connected to your PC with an ethernet cable or with a wireless connection.
How to setup Netgear Extender using Mywifiext?
- The very first thing you need to do is to connect your Netgear Wi-Fi Extender to a power socket in the wall.
- To connect your computer to the Netgear Extender use either the wired or wireless connection mode.
- Link your Netgear range extender to the Netgear’s wi-fi connection in case you have a wireless extender.
- Whereas, if you have a wired connection, use the Ethernet cable and attach one end of the cable with a computer and another end to the extender.
- Open the web browser of your choice on your computer and type “Mywifiext.net” in the Address bar. Hit the Enter key on your keyboard and wait for the pages to load appropriately.
- Now, look for the “New Extender Setup” tab on the left-hand side of the screen. Hence, you need to select this tab.
- After this, in the next window, you need to create an account first. For this, you have to enter the required details in their respective fields.
- Thereafter, login to the Netgear account using the same credentials that you have mentioned at the time of account creation.
- After log in to your account successfully, opt for the “Next” tab.
- This will take you to the welcome window of Netgear Genie. This window contains two tabs “Wi-Fi Range Extender” and “Access Point”.You can opt for any of the methods for the setup of your extender.
- Click on the “Wi-Fi Range Extender” tab to proceed further with the process of Netgear Extender Setup.
- It will display the list of available existing router networks that are available around you. From this list of options, select the network that you want to extend. Opt for a single band network or dual-band according to the router network you are using.
- Tap the “Next” button from the middle of the page.
- In the subsequent window, enter the password for the router network connection that you have opted in the last step.
- Select the “Next” tab after entering the password in the respective field correctly.
- Now, you have to wait for some time until the connection is set up.
- After this, it will move you to a new screen, where you have to type in the extender name and security settings for your wi-fi extender. Here, you can also change the password if you want to according to your wish. Then, tap “Next”.
- Review the network details from the screen that appears and tap “continue”.
- With this, the setup procedure of the Netgear router is complete over here.
Points to remember when your Mywifi.ext is not working properly
Ensure the distance between the Netgear range extender and the router should be sufficiently close when setting up a range extender.
You need to place your extender as well as a wireless router in the same room.
Place extender and router at the appropriate location after configuring your device.
Use Ethernet cable to connect your computer to the Netgear extender.
When your Mywifi.ext is not working, then use different your browser, and try again.
“Plugin” your Netgear range extender to a power source, and wait a while until the LED light turns green.
Use a different web browser to login to Mywifiext.net in order to make sure that the issue is not related to the browser. You can use the web browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Safari, etc.
In case, the web address “mywifiext.net” is not working properly, use “192.168.1.250” which is the IP address of Netgear router.
Check whether the Netgear extender is plugged into a power source or not. If the extender is connected properly then the power LED lights of the extender start blinking.